When you update your Facebook status using your mobile phone, a via text message will appear along with it stating that you updated it using mobile. Do you know that you can also update your status with a posted via notification even if you use your PC? Here’s a simple tutorial on how you can update your Facebook status via anything you want like the example below.
To accomplish this task, we basically need to create Facebook application. Don’t worry you don’t need programming knowledge for this app, little understanding is enough. For you to continue, you should have a verified Facebook account. If your account is already verified, then skip this step and proceed to Creating Facebook Application. If not, we need to verify it first.
Verifying Your Facebook Account
Verifying your account is very easy as 1 2 3. Mobile phone is required to get this done.
- Click to this link to register. Click Register as a Developer to continue.
- Select your country code, enter your mobile number then click continue. A verification code will be sent to it
- Enter the verification code Facebook sent to you in the text field provided then hit Confirm.
- Click Skip then finally click Done to finish account verification.
- Click here to open Facebook’s apps page. You can also access apps page through the Account option, the gear icon you click when you have to logout, from there click Manage Apps. Once you’re on the app page, click Create New App button at the upper right corner.
- At the App Name text field, type in the name of your app. The name is the one that will appear on your status like via Snail Mail. You don’t need to include via, just only the name. Click Continue to proceed to the next step.
- Type the captcha then click Continue to proceed.
- At the Sandbox Mode option, choose Disabled if you want to share your app to your friends. Choose Enabled to keep it to yourself. Click Save Changes to create your app.
- To update your status using your app, copy and paste the code below to your browser’s address bar, insert your App ID then you’re good to go.
https://www.facebook.com/dialog/feed?_path=feed&api_key=Your App ID&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.comTo post Message to your friend’s wall:
https://www.facebook.com/dialog/feed?_path=feed&app_id=Your App ID&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com&to=Friend’s Username
Take note that this will only work on your friend’s wall and not onn pages.