This solution is applicable and tested only in League of Legends Philippines but might also work in your client if you’re not from my country if you also experiencing the same issue. Recently my League of Legends client was acting strange. After of each game it will automatically exit making you unable to see the after game stats and of course you’ll not be able to rate or report other players. I contacted the League of Legends support via their forum and they suggested to reinstall the latest client and update my .NET framework which is I did but nothing happened. I also exempt entire League of Legends file form my firewall, anti-virus, and anti-malware software but the problem still not solved. Getting it fixed is a must because Garena, the game provider here is having server shortage making for them difficult to accumulate massive amount of logins resulting to queuing of players especially in afternoon and weekends. So if you’ll be rejected in each of the game it is so annoying to wait again in queue, one time I was queued for about 30 minutes. This solution will also solve the LOLClient has stop working and frequent PVP.net disconnection issue.
To make this issue solved, the best solution to work and tested is to shut off IPv6 from your network interface. Disabling IPv6 will not affect you at all unless your computer is part of a big network.
- Click the network icon beside the clock at the notification area or system tray.
- Network Connection Status will popup, click Open Network and Sharing Center.
- After that Network and Sharing Center will open, click Local Area Connection to proceed to connection status.
- In Local Area Connection Status, click on Properties.
- Finally uncheck Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) then press OK. We’re done!
If you experience connectivity issue after disabling IPv6 or disconnected from the internet, disable your network adapter and then re-enable it again or you can just unplug then it plug again your internet cable. Happy playing.