Watch video in best quality with Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC) plus LAV Filters, Haali Media Splitter, and madVR renderer. madVR is a video renderer with the highest quality output and also a resources hungry renderer. Watch video of any format from downloaded video clips to high definition videos and blu-rays.
- Uninstall all current codec packs like k-lite and cccp, splitters, filters and renderer like ffdshow, haali, madVR, etc. Also uninstall if you have mpc-hc and vlc media player. This is to ensure that everything is on its default setting and everything is alright after the configuration.
- Download and install the latest version of the following.
Media Player Classic Home Cinema x86 (zip file recommended)
Haali Media Splitter (Official site is down, you can download from Videohelp alternatively)
- In Haali Media Splitter setup, make sure you uncheck all in the setup options.
Install LAV Filters with its default configuration. Uncompress madVR then put it to a permanent location. To install, navigate for a batch file named install. Right click into it and choose run as administrator.
- Open MPC-HC or if you downloaded the zip version, navigate to its folder and open mpc-hc.exe. Go to View>options or just press O to open options.
- Under Playback, click Ouput and set DirectShow Video into madVR. Note that if you experience lagging, low performance or unable to play any video at all, choose Haali Video Renderer instead.
- Go to Internal Filters and uncheck everything under it.
- Go to External Filters and add the following in specified order. Be sure to check and make each as your preferred filter.
*File Source (Async.)
*LAV Audio Decoder
*LAV Video Decoder
- Under Subtitles, set Sub pictures to buffer to 5 and Maximum texture resolution to Desktop and also uncheck Round up to power of two. We’re done setting up mpc-hc. Click OK to close Options.
- Now, we’re going to set up madVR. Play any video using mpc-hc. Right click madVR icon from the system tray then choose Edit madVR Setting.
- Under devices setup your device type.
- Under processing tab, expand decoding and uncheck all the check boxes.
- Expand deinterlacing then follow the following setting.
- Under Scaling Algorithms, set each of three categories into Bilinear then click OK.
- Search LAV Splitter under start menu. In Input Formats tab, navigate to matroska and then uncheck it then click OK.
That’s it. Enjoy Watching!